The Importance of Getting a Professional to Conduct a Roof Inspection
Indiana homes are susceptible to mother nature’s ever changing weather from boiling temperatures to the harshest of winters and your roof is your home’s first line of defense against these elements. Therefore, a professional roof inspection performed by an experienced roofer is the best course of action to ensure your roof continues to protect your home for years to come. Not only that but to give you peace of mind that your home is safe for you and your family, especially when winter is right around the corner.
Why Get a Roof Inspection by Us?
While some homeowners can detect roof damage by doing a surface inspection, damage underneath the surface is a lot harder to detect without the right experience and equipment. While a superficial roof inspection could reveal some damage, it could be difficult to know if the extent of damage stops at cosmetic wear or if there’s more to it. Besides that, we also do not recommend that you try to fix your own roof, since this can void your coverage and cause your insurance claim to be denied.
Insurance companies always recommend homeowners reach out to professionals for a roof inspection after a major storm, since this is the first step to starting a roof insurance claim. If you need help with your insurance claim, we can help with that too. If your roof damage looks minor or superficial, do not be fooled. Minor damage can lead to bigger issues, which in turn, can turn even more costly for you. In order to know if the issue is small or needs attention, call a roofing contractor you can trust.
What Happens During a Roof Inspection?
While you may call us for a roof leak or possible wind damage, Oscar Roofing always performs full-on, in depth inspections to make sure no other issues with your home are overlooked or ignored. Below are some of the general things we look out for:
- Our inspectors look for structural damage, such as warps or cracks, missing shingles and signs of deterioration
- We perform a water test to determine where the source of water entry is(if you have any leaks)
Examining shingles for nail pops, curling, or creased shingles
- Checking all the pipe boots, chimney flashing and gutters
- Depending on the pitch of your roof, we can also perform drone inspections. However, our specialty has always relied on being up close and personal when conducting inspections. We inspect every inch of your roof, fully hands-on
- Go over all gutters, siding, chimney, chimney flashing and pipe boots on the roof
- Discuss in detail our findings, let you know what your best options are and explain the type of materials we recommend depending on your budget
The Right Roofer for You
Storm season is near, and sadly, so is potential home damage. Having an experienced roofing company assess any damage and assist by offering expert roof advice is your best solution. Contact us today to get a free quote and avoid all the future headaches storms could bring. Trust the most reputable general contractor in the area.
Oscar Roofing is your premier roofing solution provider serving Bloomington, Indianapolis and Fishers areas. We are happy to serve your roofing and other essential home exterior needs. Reach out to us by our contact form, or just give us a call at (317)358-6625 today; we’d be glad to show you the Oscar Roofing difference!
Want to glance over our reviews? Check out our google profile for more details and information.